Author Topic: Did I Properly Prove This Vocational Profile?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Zuri

Did I Properly Prove This Vocational Profile?
« on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »
Hello,

I’ve been studying astrology for about six months now. I’ve been lurking here for quite a while, and am in the process of reading Vocations by Mr. Tyl. Hopefully, I’ll refine my technique well enough to participate in the Thursday exercises when they resume in February (that is, if you’ll have me…smile).

In practicing the MHEP technique in order to hone my skills, I’m trying to use my own natal chart in order to “prove” my occupation in reverse. I'm a full-time political blogger and freelance writer by occupation. The MHEP clearly shows my communications skills and my interest in politics. However, looking at my dispositorship chain, I’m not sure if I’m seeing where technology (e.g., my blog; online news sites also employ me for freelance work) or my self-employment come into play? Both of those aspects are pretty critical to my vocational profile. I’d like to know if I've properly “proven” my occupation below:

Female: born October 24, 1970 at 12:21pm CT in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Asc: 2Cap15

Libra MH: Venus (r. 5). Pluto (r. 11). < > Mercury (r. 6,9) = creative self-expression, humanitarianism & political activism, public service, publishing.

Mercury oriental (r. 6,9) on the MH. Mercury=Sun/MC. Venus conjunct Neptune (r. 3) in 11th. Venus in 11th (r. 5,10) in mutual reception with Mars in 9th (r. 4) = writing / publishing channel focused on humanitarianism/political activism, infused with idealism.

Venus also contacts Moon (r.7), Saturn (r. 1) in 4th, and Pluto (r. 11) in 9th = public outreach, publishing for humanitarian/political ends. Work from home (due to Saturn in 4th)?

Sun (r. 8th) on the MH. Moon=Regulus @29°Leo in 8th. Moon r. 7. MC=Venus/Pluto = public spotlight & prominence, large public outreach and appeal.

Pluto (r. 11) = Sun/Moon. Reinforcement of humanitarianism/political activism channel.

Reigning need Moon in 8th contacts with Sun (r. 8th), Mercury (r. 6, 9), Venus (r. 5, 10), Neptune (r. 3), and Midheaven = Writing/publishing needs to be creative, be seen, provide a public service, and relate to transformational themes.

Peregrine Uranus(?) (r. 2) in 9th = Makes money from self-employment? Technology link? Isn’t technology a 3rd House issue though? Is my Uranus even considered peregrine? Its only aspect is to Mars, at an 8 degree orb?

STOP

This person needs to write and publish idealistic views focusing on humanitarian and political issues, which have a broad public appeal and help improve society. Transformational themes will figure prominently in her work.

Offline James Williams

Re: Did I Properly Prove This Vocational Profile?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »
Hi Zuri, thank you for sharing!

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth here...perhaps others will comment also...

I see the "technology" link in your chart with Uranus peregrine (please see page 39 in the Vocations book!).

I can see the self-employment link after looking at the 4th House ruler's contact with Neptune, as Neptune contacts the Moon, which contacts the MC.  So there is an indirect routing link here.  I am reminded of something that Noel wrote on page 17 in his pre-Vocations book, which he entitled, Modern Technique and Process for Vocational Analysis: A Condensed Guide..."5. Always work to link observations with the Midheaven, directly or indirectly, through aspects and other measurement observations."

I find it interesting that you mention every planet in your post except for Jupiter, which is also peregrine!  It rules your 12th House, which often suggests a need press to work behind-the-scenes (page 54 in Vocations), so this ties in nicely with the 4th House self-employment descriptor.

Thank you again for sharing, Zuri!
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:10:02 AM »
BTW, before I forget, I see also that your Nodal axis is very "connected"...so that suggests "needing a large audience" or "public outreach", or something along those lines...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 06:48:06 AM »
Also it is important to mention here the orbs that Noel suggests...I'm not sure on what page they are found in Vocations, but here, I believe, are the most recent orbs info...

Conjunctions, Oppositions, Squares = 7 degrees

Trines = 6 degrees

Sextiles = 4 degrees

Quintiles = 2.5 degrees

Quindeciles = 2 degrees

Offline Zuri

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
James,

Thank you for responding to my post. Venus, my Midheaven ruler, is in mutual reception with Mars (r. 4). Via Scorpio, Mars co-rules my 11th House, so that could be another approach to the self-employment link.

I don't know how I overlooked Jupiter! My lone quintile involves the Moon (r. 7) and Jupiter (r. 12)

Offline James Williams

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »
You're most welcome, Zuri.  My pleasure  :)