Author Topic: Using MHEP For Whole Signs House System? Sidereal Zodiac? Other?  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Zuri

Using MHEP For Whole Signs House System? Sidereal Zodiac? Other?
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
I've been playing around with the Midheaven Extension Process using the Tropical Zodiac / Whole Signs House System approach, which is what I normally use in my astrology hobby. I'm not a professional astrologer, but the results for my chart and friends' charts had about 90% overlap with the results using the typical Tropical Zodiac / Placidus House System approach.

Going out of my comfort zone, I also tried MHEP using the Sidereal Zodiac / Whole Signs System approach. There seemed to be an 80%-85% overlap there (granted, I interpreted the charts using the Western approach and not Vedic). This approach picked up on a few things not overtly seen in the other methods.

Has anyone had success using MHEP in other house system / zodiac sign contexts?

Old Guy in Astrology

Re: Using MHEP For Whole Signs House System? Sidereal Zodiac? Other?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:59:53 AM »
Its important when using such a highly researched system as that of Noel Tyl, to not be modifying it in ways that Noel has not chosen to do.  If it would work more successfully in another house system or another zodiac or another whatever, one can only assume that Noel would have chosen to use it in that way.  Noel works very hard to make these things work in the best possible way before presenting them to students. 

Modification of his works to your own way is simply not the way to go.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »
Actually, the logic behind Noel's MHEP is clean and straightforward.  So it can be used to prove/validate other astrological concepts.  I've been adamantly in favor of Placidus houses, whereas many people have tried to get me to switch to Koch houses.  If Koch houses described me, then I probably would have become a college professor, which I always wanted to be when I was young.  I did do a little bit of teaching on the college level, but that was not my career.  The MHEP delineates my career very well and validates my use of Placidus houses.
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Catherine

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
I agree with Old Guy in Astrology. Why play around with things?

Noel's methods are born out of intensive research, hard labor and a connection to something greater than we are, to something Higher. They are taught to help us help humanity in small or big ways. This is an immense thought.

It's great to see you on the vocational forum, Zuri!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:34:55 AM by Catherine »
Catherine

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »
I have made some major (and minor) discoveries in astrology.  I don't object if people want to build upon them, provided that I get proper credit.  I believe that Noel looks at his MHEP as a proven, workable tool. 

When I needed to decide among three different charts for Hubert Humphrey, I used the MHEP to find the most reasonable chart for a politician,

DB

True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Zuri

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
Its important when using such a highly researched system as that of Noel Tyl, to not be modifying it in ways that Noel has not chosen to do.  If it would work more successfully in another house system or another zodiac or another whatever, one can only assume that Noel would have chosen to use it in that way.  Noel works very hard to make these things work in the best possible way before presenting them to students. 

Modification of his works to your own way is simply not the way to go.

Fair points. No disrespect to Mr. Tyl's work is intended. However, the reality is that not everyone uses the Tropical Zodiac / Placidus House systems approach. Does that mean that, say, a Vedic astrologer can't find utility from Mr. Tyl's MHEP approach? This seems quite limiting to me, as I think Mr. Tyl's MHEP principles work across zodiacs and house systems. Isn't that a good thing?

Old Guy in Astrology

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
That's a good question.  However, its not one for you to answer, since the techniques were not developed by you.  They were developed by one of the most famous and respected astrologers of the 20th and 21st centuries.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:43:43 AM by Old Guy in Astrology »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 05:03:34 AM »
Having practiced Vedic astrology for many years and decades, the MHEP should apply only to Western astrology, as Vedic astrology has its own charts, time-tested for centuries, that have been, are, and will continue to be, valid.  However, what you will see, even by the middle of this century, is more astrologers the world over using both the rasi and dasamsa charts of Vedic astrology, and the MHEP of Western astrology, when delineating a chart vocationally... ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:32:08 AM by James Williams »
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).