Author Topic: Interpreting A Moon Sign At 29°  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Zuri

Interpreting A Moon Sign At 29°
« on: April 18, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »
If your Moon sign is at 29°, does it still get interpreted as that sign or is the next sign's influence more dominant?

For instance, my Moon is at 29° Leo but yet I'm the opposite of a Leo Moon. Leo Moons are supposedly theatrical, attention-seeking types who need to be the center of attention. However, I'm a laid-back, very quiet and shy, and the attention-fleeing type. I love to work behind the scenes, and not be front and center. I feel so disconnected from being a Leo Moon (I was surprised to be a Leo Moon). The Moon was in Leo for the entire day on the day that I was born, so it's not a birth time issue.

However, Virgo Moon describes me to a tee. Virgo Moon qualities are far more accurate for what I desire in my career (for the purposes of MHEP analysis) and what I've actually done in my career than Leo Moon, when talking about my reigning need. Or does a Leo Moon get interpreted as a Leo Moon, regardless of its degree? Thanks!

Zuri: A Leo Moon (or any other sign) is a Leo Moon is a Leo Moon.  Aspects to the Moon (or any other planet) modify the archetype.  The modifications you mention sing a Neptune song, a Saturn ballad.  Therein lies understanding of your individuation process, through a dormant Leo Moon.  --Noel Tyl

Here's my chart: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MSuSnNiCO4g/UJZjYW6oVMI/AAAAAAAAGn8/fan7LZgPeqM/s1600/drN7Hf1352037313.jpg
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:15:29 AM by Noel Tyl »

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

• James Alexander, Astrologer
Re: Interpreting A Moon Sign At 29°
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »
Hello Zuri,

Thanks for sharing your chart...

I would see the "Virgo-ness" as arising from Mercury being conjunct the Sun and Midheaven, with Mercury ruling the service-oriented 6th House.

The Leo Moon, itself, is modified by aspect...perhaps Neptune confuses the normal Leonine expression of your Moon.  We must also take into account that the South Node sits on your Moon, which has been related to a fear of crowds and a subconscious fear of the general public, which of course is contrary to a normal Leonine thrust.  (ie. yours being more pensive and unsure of itself than would normally be expected)

Take care

James

http://www.jamesalexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline pdw

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:44:00 AM »
Hi Zuri, I've come across instances where the Astrology does not appear to fit life experience, and you describe the feeling so well - feeling disconnected from (whatever).  This must be so frustrating when it's an Astrologer's own natal placement, like your Leo Moon.  I might add disorienting and disappointing, at least that's how I feel sometimes when transits don't reflect my anticipation or expectation, for example.

Perhaps embracing Astrology as a reflection model, rather than a prediction model, will surface some satisfaction and answers for you.  I might suggest exploring how you are - can be - an atypical Leo Moon.     

Some things I thought about: A Scorpio emphasis can be subtle and under the radar.  It also can be shy and reserved and so can a Capricorn ASC early on.  With your Leo Moon in the 8th House (Scorpio's natural house), perhaps being and becoming an important resource to others will dramatically grow your confidence and self-expression with the public.           

Offline Zuri

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
Mr. Tyl, ODdOnLifeItself & PDW,

Thanks for your response to my inquiry!

Offline waterbird

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
Zuri,

It may not be so much the degree of your Leo Moon but the House placement - ie 12th house? It can be very difficult to see the self objectively. The Moon has no light of her own - rather she relelects the light of the Sun.

I'm a Leo Sun and in some situations I'd rather not be there. No surprise Birthday parties for me! I'll do my own surprising! A quiet birthday dinner is 'more me'!

water bird
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:44:28 PM by waterbird »

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
Zuri

It's a cusp area, 23.5 of leo to 7.5 degrees of virgo. It's a combo of BOTH.
12 keys in music=12 signs of the zodiac. If you know music you know everything. Cayce.

Jim

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
Actually there could be a case  for 0 degree of signs being the center of the sign, but that could be another thread on it's own.

Jim