Author Topic: MC=Jupiter/Uranus Midpoint  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Zuri

MC=Jupiter/Uranus Midpoint
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
I'm having trouble finding information on this midpoint. Does it mean high (albeit unusual) success on one's career, like a variant of the MC=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint? Or does it mean an expansion of rebelliousness or innovation in one's career? Or both? Something else? Thanks!

---Zuri.... with all the flourishes of your emergent astrological talent, I should think you would be studying Don McBroom's superb book on "Midpoints"!  And see that my books "Solar Arcs" and "S&C" contain epithet meaning suggestions for all possible midpoint pictures....  over 1,600 of them!

Jupiter/Pluto togetherness speaks strongly for the big break, optimism, heading for greener pastures;  bringing in the Midheaven suggests "comfortably becoming known for who one is."  --Noel Tyl
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:35:17 AM by Noel Tyl »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: MC=Jupiter/Uranus Midpoint
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:28:13 AM »
That's a typo, Zuri.  Noel means Jupiter/Uranus.

I agree McBroom's book is good.  There is not every possible midpoint in it, but enough examples to help create self-confidence for constructing your own.  I do use Noel's Synthesis and Counseling lists for midpoints, sometimes, but it's more important to build understanding.  Personally, I feel that Jupiter-Uranus configurations have a sense of fanatacism about them, including their midpoints.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Zuri

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Mr. Tyl and Barbara,

Thank you for your response to my inquiry.

I have "Solar Arcs" on my to-read list. I'll also add the "Midpoints" book to the list.

Offline Flipper

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
I would strongly recommend Ebertin's "Combination of Stellar Influences" too. And I would suggest not only reading the delineation of "Jupiter/Uranus=MC", but also "Jupiter/MC= Uranus", and "Uranus/MC = Jupiter", to get a well rounded feel for the combination (keeping in mind what houses the planets are in, and what houses they rule in your natal chart). Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:15:34 PM by Flipper »