Author Topic: My new identity  (Read 4261 times)

Offline crabman

My new identity
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
Since the login did not recognize me, I have a new identity.  I was formerly "Mick Smith."  I am now "crabman."

It's going to take a while to get used to this.  I loved being able to tell at a glance what was new and what was not.  I also liked seeing all the recent topics immediately.  But of course, I'm a crab.  I like to clamp my claw onto something and hang on.  Oh well.  I think I'll go hide under a rock now.

Offline Anna B

Re: My new identity
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
Hi, Mick/Crabman:  I think we are all feeling the same way as you.  It will tell in time if this works or not.  It was so easy to scroll through all the posts and take a look and go back and forth.  This will definitely be a slow down at best.  By the way, we like Crabs.  Anna B

MelissaK

Re: My new identity--MelissaK
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »
I'm still MelissaK.  There are other Melissa'a sometimes...

I was on a scubadiving forum and a sailing forum that switched from one long scroll to compartments.  The sailor's forum faded away, exists no longer, from being a great place for info and comraderie.

The scubadivers are still stumbling along.  Everyone decided right away to just post in the General Discussion area, and ignore the other places.  But it's just not the same, epecially when one third of the conversations are scattered around in other 'rooms'.

Owell, they call it Progress.

Melissa with the K

PS, Oh, we get 'MOVED" if we're bad, dispatched to someplace else.  So much for the great group that's now been fragmented!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:20:17 AM by MelissaK »