Author Topic: Part of Fortune conjunct the Moon  (Read 13198 times)

Offline Al Rescha

Part of Fortune conjunct the Moon
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Part of Fortune being conjunct the Moon while it is zodiacally otherwise V-O-C. Has the Moon still brought what was promised? I know that Ivy Jacobson says that under these conditions the Moon can still act and the chart can still be read. I'm just wondering if some of you have had any charts that it has occurred in, and if so; what were the results? I have a recent horary where this is the case. The question is very important to me. I want to trust that the Moon will deliver, "NOTHING BUT SUCCESS" under this circumstance. Her book has so artfully described other parts of the chart too. Jacobson has that extra something that I haven't found in some of my other horary books.
Each time I misinterpret a horary it makes me dig deeper into the subject.
Thanks for any help you may lend.
Al Reasha
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:36:12 AM by Al Rescha »

Offline Al Rescha

Re: Part of Fortune conjunct the Moon
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
Hi Flipper,
Thanks for the information. The question that I had with the Moon conjunct the part of fortune has nothing to do with gambling or horses. It is something personal and of deep concern to me. I thought my post was clear but I guess it wasn't. Sorry because I like my most to be clear so that I can get the answer in need. Thanks again. I'll also look back through my other horarys where the POF was in ptolmeic aspect to the Moon and see what the outcomes were. I keep all of my questions for study purposes but in my studies I've never come across an conjunction of that nature.
Al Rescha

Offline Flipper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
Hi Al,

I didn't mean to imply your question was trivial, and I probably wrote more than was necessary to answer your question. I was just stating that as a generality, trivial questions don't work very well for me. So the deeper you feel the question the better the accuracy of the Horary, and it sounds to me like you know that, so good luck with things!

Offline Flipper

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
You probably know this, but Olivia Barclay is another good source on Horary charts, and I think she mentions in her book that the Moon making an applying aspect to the POF is not void of course.

Offline Al Rescha

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:31:52 PM »
Flipper,
Thanks again. I have Olivia Barclays' book too. I haven't studied it as much as some of my others. I think it might be hard to judge a question that was so super important to me. Saturn wasn't in the first so I proceeded. I think it was Rob Hand that suggest you should never judge your own horary for yourself. I think that may just be a personal preference of his.
I realized that I strung two unrelated incidents together in my post so I removed the unrelated information so that when others respond they won't think the question was related to gambling. I think the removal makes my question more clear.
Al Rescha
P. S. I have had some successful gambling questions.

Offline Flipper

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »
Actually, there are many astrologers who would advise against looking at your own chart- horary or otherwise, and I would be in that camp. The tendency is to see what you fear or hope for, so, at least for me, it's hard to be objective with my own chart.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:46:46 PM by Flipper »

Offline Al Rescha

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Hi Flipper,
I have Saturn in the 12th conjunct the ascendant; nobody takes a harder, more objective look at me than myself. When I was younger it may have been a wee bit depressing but I grown to love that placement because it does have its positives. Success is attained because life has been hard. I also realize that if you are looking at a chart for yourself; you better have a realistic view by knowing your strengths and weaknesses. My Sagittarius Sun as they say is always, "Keeping it real". One of the things that I like about astrologers is that they all have things they live by as people do in general. I haven't had much of a problem judging my own charts but I do get stuck every now and again with some particular or another. I may also seek the advice from others as a second opinion. With the caution of wishing one way or another in mind I step out on to that precipice armed with the proper tools of the trade. When I find that something doesn't work for me astrologically I step aside and let the astrologer that is does work for have at it; what ever their methods may be. Practice makes perfect. Thanks for the insight.
Al Rescha