Author Topic: Technical Question for Noel  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Ana from Portugal

• Your Planets, My Sky
Technical Question for Noel
« on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:58 AM »
Dear Maestro,

I have a question. I am currently studying the chart of a client, where the positioning of Venus is key. He has Leo Ascendant (11 degrees) with Mars embracing it, Moon in Aries, ruling the 12th, with the Sun at 2 degreesTaurus. I sense a paradox here, the two adjacent signs struggling, and Mars somehow pushing the fire of the Ascendant forward.

You can sense the struggle between the energy to maintain things as they are, the energy for security etc., and the reigning need to be the number one, to initiate, create, etc.

Now to my actual question: Venus is technically at 29 degrees 14 minutes Pisces. We know that a Piscean Venus is a sensitive, timid, feeling Venus. Now this guy brags loud and clear about being a D. Juan, testing his attractiveness with the opposite sex. Can we consider this Venus, which is at the AP, to have a similar behaviour as Venus in Aries, or, being it at the AP, what it does is calling attention to the Houses it rules, i.e. MC and 3rd?
At the same time, Venus is rather "loose", the only aspect it makes is a conjunction with Jupiter, r5, which can account for that expansiveness in sexuality?!

This client eludes me somehow, and I need a push in order to get a grip on it... you see, it is the D. Juan part that echoes with the Moon, but does not echo with the rest of the chart...

Any enlightment from you is greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards from rainy (!!!!) Lisbon,

Ana

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
Re: Technical Question for Noel/Ana
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »

Dear Ana:

Human beings are very resourceful in creating, adopting, substituting behaviors to make up for vulnerabilities, weaknesses, underachievement.  There are many colors of threads open to us with which to weave our cloak.

While we have Venus in Pisces, that doesn't mean Venus in Aries behavioral considerations are unknown or foreign to us!  We can choose that red color to suite our blue need.  --In psychology, there is a powerful defense mechanism called "reaction formation" (S&C, pages 660, 663).  Learn this.

So often in cases like this, people will "Why are you acting like this?  It really isn't you!"  --In private, within trusted conversation, so often the camouflage is removed, and a curious natural peace emerges: one's recognition of all against which one has been fighting.

The Ascendant rescues the 12th House.

And above all, remember that not everything is astrological! 
I hope this helps.

Noel Tyl

Noel Tyl

Offline Ana from Portugal

• Your Planets, My Sky
Re: Technical Question for Noel
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:09:30 AM »
Dear Maestro,

One really could not hope to have a better Teacher - you have the ability of, with one single sentence, erase the doubts that cloud our minds and prevent us from seeing clearly.

"The Ascendant rescues the 12th House" - one gulp of powerful synthesis and I am enlightened!

So thankful I am for you who brightended my day!

Ana

P.S. I will keep you posted on the consultation!