Author Topic: Santa Barbara University Shooting  (Read 15490 times)

Offline Halina

Santa Barbara University Shooting
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
     A disturbing YouTube video posted that shows a young man describing plans to shoot women appears to be connected to the attack, police said. Officials would not say whether the person in the video was a suspect in the shooting.
     In the video, posted Friday, the man sits in a black car and looks at the camera, laughing often, and says he is going to take his revenge against humanity. He describes loneliness and frustration because “girls have never been attracted to me,” and says, at age 22, he is still a virgin. The video, which is almost seven minutes long, appears scripted. The identity of the person in the video could not be independently confirmed.
     “It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it,” the man says in the video. “It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.”
“Tomorrow is the day of retribution, the day in which I will have my revenge,” the man says in the video.
     The shootings started around 9:30 p.m. in Isla Vista, a roughly half-square mile community next to UC Santa Barbara’s campus and picturesque beachside cliffs.    The man's identity nor birthdata not yet released, in the meantime let's look at the event chart.   The angular cardinal Grand Cross is prominent here,  (Mars-MH opp Moon- Uranus) SQUARE (Jupiter opp Pluto).   Moon-Uranus shows the attack is against women who wih to be free from commitment to him.   This is echoed by Merc Gem-Desc square Venus Aries, r5, love affairs....his thoughts are against girls who don't want partnership with him...Venus also rules 10th, so his status is hurt.
     The U-tube video shows him to be attractive, the son of a film director.   He is probably a student and the victims probably students also.
Here is his U-tube rant:  http://www.mediaite.com/online/video-suspected-santa-barbara-killers-disturbing-youtube-manifesto/
Scroll down to the 3rd picture, the one with the arrow, and click on it.
     Update: his name is Elliot Rodgers son of a movie producer of the movie "Hunger Games."

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:38:54 AM by Halina »

Offline Halina

Re: Santa Barbara University Shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
      Here is some more data.   22-year-old Santa Barbara City College student and I.V. resident Elliot Rodgers.
     According to his own blogs, videos, and social media postings, Rodger was born in the United Kingdom and moved to the United States when he was 5 years old, living in Woodland Hills and Calabasas, California. His father is Peter Rodger, who was an assistant director on The Hunger Games, a blockbuster film based on a popular young adult novel series about young people who are forced to kill each other for everyone’s entertainment. The elder Rodger also directed a documentary starring Hugh Jackman, Seal, and David Copperfield called Oh My God that questioned the creation and interpretation of a divine spirit.
     A self-described “Eurasian” thanks to a British father and Asian mother, Rodger attended Moorpark College before moving to the Santa Barbara area, but found trouble integrating with life in Isla Vista. “I have tried very hard to fit in with the social scene there, but I have ultimately been unable to do so,” wrote Rodger, who had traveled the world extensively. “There are too many obnoxious people who have ruined my whole experience at that place.” His family’s attorney said that Rodger was in “multiple therapies.” The attorney is also claiming that the parents told authorities about their son’s videos weeks ago.
      Peter Rodger, the father, is married to Soumaya Akaaboune, an actress whose credits include the romcom Playing For Keeps and the Iraq War film Green Zone, where she appeared opposite of Matt Damon.   Akaaboune appeared on the French edition of The Real Housewives.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:09:54 AM by Halina »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »
Moon in Aries opposing Mars in Libra is loosely hooked in with the Jupiter-Uranus-Pluto t-square and the angles of the chart.  That's violent. Interesting that Libra social and relationship frustrations are given as the cause which shows stress from the long Mars Retrograde period in that sign.  Pluto in H1 shows mass murder.

The education theme is shown by the Sagittarius Rising/Gemini Descendant. Rulers of both are in the 7th house of relationships. Descibes probably the victims and the perp.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:34:21 AM by In Stitches »

Offline Halina

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »
Hi In Stitches,  good analysis....liked the Sag/University theme focus....and the frustration build-up that you spotted.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »
Thank you Halina.  Will be interesting to see if the transiting mars is hitting his chart.  If he's 22 then he's going through his 2d Jupiter return right now in cancer.  He would have been born c.1992 so would have Neptune and Uranus in Capricorn.  Those are all cardinal.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
Rodgers was born August 1991 in Lambeth, south London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638427/He-disturbed-boy-British-grandmother-Santa-Barbara-mass-killer-boy-grew-Hollywood-royalty-posted-chilling-blogs-vowing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html

Jupiter in Leo so hadn't had his return yet.  Sorry, I can't add.

Uranus-Neptune-Lilith-nn in mid degrees Capricorn so hit by the t-square and the eclipses in April. Inferiority complex and control issues.  Feelings of failure.

Guess an inner planet problem would be Venus Rx either in Virgo or Leo.  Mars in Virgo.  Very shy and living around lots of extroverts in the movie industry.  He specifically targeted blond girls.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:26:39 PM by In Stitches »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »
I think I saw his birthday on a poster at a press conference but the cops were walking around and blocking the view so I might be wrong.  7/24/1991.  Leo sun with Sagittarius/Capricorn moon, if it's the correct date.

Offline jon layton

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

Hi In Stitches,

I just did a google search with the date you gave and apparently in the first page of his manifesto he wrote "on the morning of July 24 1991 in a London hospital, I was born."

A quick glance at his horoscope revealed natal Jupiter square natal Pluto with the natal Moon more than likely tightly tied in via sesquisquare/semi- square transiting Saturn very close to natal Pluto degree activating the configuration. Indicating an extremely difficult time psychologically.

Transiting Pluto is close to natal Uranus degree and sequisquare natal Mercury(extreme mindset) with transiting Mars inching back toward a t square with transiting Pluto/Uranus. As noted above by In Stitches the transiting Moon in Aries triggered that configuration this morning.

Jon

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 07:48:15 PM »
Thanx In Stitches & Jon for your relentless researching for his birth data.   Shortly I will post some charts to aid in your excellent analysis.   The news said he....."stabbed three people to death in his apartment before fatally shooting three others elsewhere in his beach community and crashing his BWM with a fatal gunshot to the head, authorities said.
     Below, for study, is his natal birth chart(approximate for morning, so Asc may not be right) and triwheel with Solar Arcs and transits for shooting event.   His natal has a see-saw pattern with Moon-Uranus in the 5th of love/affairs suggesting women would back off when he approached them.
     In the triwheel for the shooting event....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:27:53 PM by Halina »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 07:53:31 PM »
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the information. I had never thought of Jupiter-Pluto aspects in terms of their psychology because I'm overtaken by the outrageous ways they play out. So thanks for pointing that out.

Interesting that there's a strong mars-moon influence. That strikes me as an impulsive act, especially with Uranus involved. Yet this was a methodically thought out plan.  

I read a blog which quoted from one of the shooters statements about how his attitude changed when he was 9 years old.  He said he changed from being a happy go lucky kid to being aware of his social shortcomings.  I'm not sure but I think his progressed Venus would have stationed Rx around that time.

Does he say what age he was when his parents divorced?  I don't want to read that whole thing. It gives me the creeps.

These shootings are really scary. I hope that someone out there is trying to understand why they keep happening. Astro logically I assume its because these kids have so much outer sign influence that they think in terms of making a grand social statement rather than a small one on one act of violence.

Offline jon layton

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 08:24:58 PM »

Hi In Stitches,  yeah Pluto is always psychological especially in Scorpio the square to Jupiter embellishes and makes it fanatical. The tie in with the Moon makes it personal and part of his emotional make up.  Transiting Saturn applying pressure to that configuration is just plain hard pyschologically.

Jon

Offline Halina

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »
     See natal chart above, Mars-Venus, the constant drive to form partnerships TRINE Moon-Uranus in 5th, love affairs....constantly rejected as woman would want to be free from him.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
Thanks so much, as usual, for the charts, Halina.  The moon-Uranus conjunctions have to be major factors as they are present in both natal and event charts.  Especially with the 5th house placement trining Venus-mars.  In Virgo, no less, can be very difficult as far as dealing with assertiveness in romance.  Don't know how to interpret it, but sun conjunct Chiron in Leo probably adds to the need to express the romantic lover and not being able to.  His whole manifesto sounds like a crazy rant unless you look at his chart which he seems to have expressed a little too perfectly.

Jon, thank you for more explanation.  Makes sense.  Everyone this age has Pluto conjunct both Uranus and Neptune in Capricorn.  Don't know anyone that age but they certainly give off a difficult vibe to me, maybe because my moon is so close.  Noel describes the Pluto on Neptune aspect as "wipe out" which is a really great description.  

Capricorn moon is known for misogyny.  Probably sun opposite Saturn enhances that type of hatred.  I am female and have a Capricorn moon and stopped talking to most women when I was his age.  I definitely grew out of it but only having guy friends was a great feeling of freedom for me.  His mother, who lives in England, was the one supposedly who called the cops to report his videos.  Mothers of Capricorn moons, in my experience, are ever ready to point out the flaws in their children because I think they find them to be a burden.  In this case, the mother was correct but she used the wrong method to address the issue by having the police humiliate her son.  Correction:  mother didn't call police. She called the therapist who called the police.

Age at time of divorce was 7. According to what I've researched this is connected with stage of development connected with first secondary prog. Lunar square and is one of the most difficult ages for kids to go through divorce along with the Saturn aspects because kids are more dependent on families to act like traditional families.  The moon aspects tends to feel picked on by others.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:34:37 AM by In Stitches »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »
I know Noel doesn't do secondary progressions but I think they can show psychological problems pretty well.  It turns out that Roger's progressed Sun was exactly conjunct his natal Jupiter so tied in with the Jupiter-Pluto square.  Both his progressed mercury and Venus were retrograde which is extremely difficult for relationships and communication.  His Venus went retrograde when he was around nine.  That's when he said his social problems began.  That's typical for that age maybe because that's when kids have their first nodal opposition which is said to be a time of confusion.  It is also the age when they have their first Lilith return so they may have issues around sexuality and social exclusion,etc.  don't know when progressed mercury went retrograde.  Would be interesting to seeif it is connected with the other ages he listed as significant.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »
From his Four Pillars of Destiny chart for the above birth date, we are again seeing the appearance front and center of the "negative" Hurting Officer, "negative" Rob Wealth (several rivalries), and a 7 Killings in the Year Stem...this seems to be one of the main "classic" signatures...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).