Author Topic: 7th Harmonic's Inner Discipline  (Read 759 times)

Offline Kelly C

• Comedic Asteroidic & Avid Aspect Looker Upper
7th Harmonic's Inner Discipline
« on: March 12, 2020, 02:26:34 PM »
David Cochrane wrote that people with a strong 7th harmonic chart tend to have inner discipline.  My natal chart has a Moon Venus Vertex Saturn 7th harmonic quadrilateral.  So I have a quadruple conjunction in my 7th harmonic chart.  Cochrane's assertion makes sense to me because when I was a child, my mother never had to tell me to do my homework.  Wait a minute!  Come to think of it, I never had any homework because my mother raised me in a Woodstockian nudist commune!  Of course, I'm kidding!  It wasn't nudist.
I'm curious if readers have continued researching the apparent 7th harmonic traits.  I know Halina has many posts about the various harmonics.
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

And please use a solar powered golf cart to flee the scene.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!

Offline Halina

Re: 7th Harmonic's Inner Discipline
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 05:41:56 PM »
Hi Kelly C, good to hear from you.   Yes, about 5 years ago I purchased Cochrane's Audio CD with charts for his conference "Discover A Person's Unique Talents
With Harmonic Charts."    He starts with meanings for 7H and multiples of 7, i.e. 14H, 21H, 28H, 35H, 49H and 63H.    By factoring these numbers he easily produces interps for these Harmonics.
     7H= Self-discipline, introversion, maturity, capacity for abstract thought,   Ssptiles, 1/7, 2/7, 3/7.
     14H= 2 X 7, combine meaning of 2H, you and other plus 7H meaning discipline....."Shared focus and discipline."
     21H = 3, the trine, ease of effort X 7....giving "Harmonious inner discipline."
     28H = 2 X 2 X 7,  2, you and other, 2 in conflict plus &=7H...."Need to focus and discipline.  Stressful process of trying to gain control.  Ancient critical degree
     35H = 5H, creativity times 7H......"High culture.   Deep creative expression.     Athletic or performance talent (creativity plus discipline).
     49H = 7H X 7H...7H on steroids......."Abstract deep thought".
     63H = 3H X 3H X 7H....."Inner motivation and drive".
So we may be strong in some of these 7H base Harmonics and weak in others.   I will post some of my 7H charts using the style Cochrane does.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:09:27 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
      Here are some of my 7H charts.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:21:07 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »
        Here are the remaining 7H base/multiple charts.    Determine whether the charts are weak or strong in that characteristic.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:04:03 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »
        References:  Cochrane, see also his U-Tube on Harmonics
                           Hamblin: Harmonic Charts
                           Hamblin: The Spirit of Numbers
                           Hamblin: Harmonic Astrology in Practice
                           Addey: Harmonics

Offline Graham

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 11:21:41 PM »
In The Spirit of Numbers, David Hamblin states that "Walk-in from Sirius" has one of the strongest Sevenness charts that he has ever seen. And, the AstroDataBank record for this Canadian walk-in states "the entity from Sirius took over this body and...... He is a healer and a shaman, living with his girlfriend in Sakina."

Moreover, David Hamlin concludes (from his sample of 7H charts in TSoN) that "all of them were (in one way or another) standing outside the world in which they found themselves." (Including the very grounded Wimbledon tennis champion Roger Federer, who does indeed seem to inhabit a different world from other players when on the court.]

So, might the 7H aspect enable the unconscious self to act without any censoring by the conscious self?

For example, there have been only two occasions in my life when I have been conscious/aware of my actions being steered by "the still, small voice within". ... And, my 7H aspects were being strongly activated (by progressions and transits) during both of those periods. Each of those events moved me in a new direction, and letting go of the familiar to embrace the unfamiliar involved emotional discomfort. ... But, "that which was within needed to be brought forth" (or it would have destroyed me).

Moreover, the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8nstxnb9k may be an example of the 7H ability to recognises patterns unconsciously ... (in the way that the 5H seems to be the ability to recognise patterns consciously).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:26:47 PM by Graham »

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:41:50 AM »
Hi Graham, thanks for recalling this 7H chart, I have posted his natal and his 7H chart below.   Mars Gemini, his dual personality, 9th House, alien Sirius, space travel    Mars, Sirius, quindeciles Boerhaave, the unconscious state, opposes Moon, Neptune, the
Montreal Man's unconscious state.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 06:48:34 AM by Halina »

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
I have written a bit about the 7th harmonic/septiles here: http://aliceportman.com/septile-series/

It is a harmonic that has always interested me so I researched it a fair bit.

Offline Graham

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 08:15:19 AM »
I wonder if the best way to explore harmonic aspects is to find an unaspected natal planet ... then look at what happens/happened when 7H aspects are/were made to it by progressions and transits.

And I suspect more will be learned by looking at familiars (people whom we know well) than those for whom the personality (and events) are a matter of public record rather than personal knowledge.

However, the comments of both Halina and Alice do seem to indicate that the 7H might be an unconscious Neptune-type process that by-passes the conscious 5H Mercury-type process. ... [And, I suspect sports personalities - like Roger Federer - are driven to practice the shots that their 7H in-the-zone pattern recognition is picking up as being "off" when playing on-court.]

Has anyone here ever experienced themselves being temporarily driven by something which could be described as a "walk-in"? ... For example, during both of my two 7H experiences, there were moments when I "faded-out" (consciously) and felt more like a third-party observer of the events which I was actively participating in at the time. And (I suspect) it was because my at-that-moment behaviour was very different to the rational/conscious/Mercury behaviour instilled in me during childhood. ... So, not an actual walk-in ... more of a psychological distancing of the ego from a behaviour that it was uncomfortable with (and would otherwise not have done).   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 10:40:15 PM by Graham »

Offline Kelly C

• Comedic Asteroidic & Avid Aspect Looker Upper
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »
Thanks Halina, Graham, and Alice for your great responses.  I was slow to respond because it's been a crazy week in San Diego County. 
Please help the planet by using a few dollar sign canvas bags when making a quick stop at the bank.

And please use a solar powered golf cart to flee the scene.

When electing a chart for an important occasion, be sure to fortify the Ascendant, especially with riboflavin!