Author Topic: Santa Barbara University Shooting  (Read 21290 times)

Offline Rob

Re: Santa Barbara University Shooting
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
Just a thought: With regard to this guy’s ascendant, maybe the birth data of some of his victims might shed some light?

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:23 AM »
With 4 events I rectified his chart to 8.10 am Asc 1Vir05'
Mars in converse transit conjunct radical Desc.
In Age Harmonics: Pluto conjunct radical Mars.
In the CONVERSE Age Harmonics; Mars exactly on radical MC!
Primary:
Mars 180 VIII 3'
Sat 90 MC 5'
Secondary: Mars (converse) 90 MC 6'
In the converse solar return Pluto and SN on MC.
In the converse solar return, precession corrected, Mars  right on IC.
'

Offline pdw

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2014, 03:53:57 AM »
Thinking on it a bit more, Elliot Rodger’s natal Sun-Saturn opposition (and Noel’s Saturn Retrograde theory) – a peregrine opposition, if you will – strikes me as a signature measurement here.

In Fixed signs and his only opposition, it's a strong natal emphasis - with or without a birth time or Ascendant - suggesting significant formative experience with personal achievement, insecurity, fears. Perhaps early difficulty signalling a special lifelong need to balance positive individual recognition (Leo Sun) with being socially different or a loner (Aquarius Saturn, intelligent and detached, his only Air placement).

Potentially, this inferiority-superiority complex could motivate great achievement. Or, as we've seen, an antisocial focus on idiosyncrasy/aberration with Elliot Rodger’s transits and life situation – being immature, mentally ill, and unrestrained.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:36:34 AM by pdw »

Offline Halina

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »
     Thanx Isaac for nailing down his Asc and verifying it with numerous other astrological techniques.    Your chart is below.   Thanks PDW and IN STITCHES for your accurate deductions that his Asc had to be Virgo.   Thanx to others, Rob, Barb, Jon, Antonio, Steven 7, Francine, James, etc for your contributions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:42:04 AM by Halina »

Offline Francine

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »
And a morning birth just like he said! So, once again the La Volasfera degree of his ascendant:
1-2 deg Virgo    A solitary rock jutting up from a waste of sand.    It indicates one of much fixity, steadiness and gravity of character; inclined to agnosticism or atheism. Cold, mathematical, hard, and very just in his methods of thought, but lacking those emotional qualities which make of life something more vital than a problematical theory. The native is somewhat indolent and wanting in direction and purpose; but there is a great power of resistance and endurance. The fortunes of the native will be poor, partly due to lack of executive ability on the side of the native, and partly to the conditions of birth and environment. A degree of POVERTY.

And the Sabian Symbol: 1-2 deg Virgo

A Large White Cross Dominates The Landscape

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
Thanks for doing the rectification Isaac!

Halina, the moon-Uranus in the 5th just like you said. 

Interesting how the Sun-Saturn opposition is prominent as boundary line in a bowl shaped chart.  Bowl shaped charts, according to Bob Marks, are connected with being unfilled in the self and always looking for the other half. At least I think that's how Marks describes it.

Offline Halina

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
     Thanks In Stitches and Francine for your additions.   Now with this bonified chart we can really analyze it.   First Francine's favorite, Charubel degrees....for 1Virgo he says..."A WOLF CARRYING AWAY A LAMB....Denotes cunning, deception, avarice & cruelty.  Such a degree, unless there be much to counteract it, would render the
native liable to become a criminal."
     Other authors on ASC 1 Virgo: Kozminsky..."It is a symbol of Threatenings."     Leinback...."If he is resentful & bent on revenge, he will be dangerous, both to
himself & others."   Cochrane..."Intense, critical...becomes irritable when things are not in order."
     Henson says on his MH degree...."One who will probably gain notoriety...homicidal tendency."
For his MC he has the evil fixed star Algol there, a star noted for mass killings.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:32:32 AM by Halina »

Offline Steven7

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »
 The #12 looks to relate  to Lambeth, birth place and sacrifice
 The Sabian fits too, with the wolf
White Cross covers the land,, death indicator.

Salute to Isaac  for his work and the rest of you astro detectives. Good stuff.

From a sidereal  look  based on this time
 He has a Leo rising with Sun in Cancer in the 12th
Jupiter is also in Cancer in the 12th, sign of exaltation and Jupiter owns the 12 house as natural ruler of Pisces the 12 sign.  But it is with the Sun , his ruling planet, Sun  acts as a malefic sometimes
Jupiter  Lord or the 8th in the 12th with Malefic
 Lord of the 7th maraka,, Saturn in Rx

Offline Halina

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »
     Good stuff Steven 7.  Here's another add-on, this one from Firmicus Maternus....."A violent death is indicated by Mars on an angle(Ascendant) aspecting a waxing Moon(his is a near Full Moon)".... In his chart Mars angular is trine his waxing Moon.   Maternus goes on to say...."death is inflicted by sword, or in a fight, or in some display of power."   He was killed in a fight with police.   "Sword" could also mean "gun battle" in present day terms.   Maternus lived in the first half of the fourth century AD(c.280-c360).
     For Virgo Ascendant, Maternus says...."many toils and anxieties.  The native will be involved in illicit activities through aggressive desire for women, but only until the rising of the sign is accomplished.   He will be cheerful and gentle, with a true need for friendship.  Grief for some kind of loss clings to him."
     Maternus goes on..."The Moon moving toward Venus always indicates extraordinary sexual vices....the native is always burning with immoderate desire for women's love....they have incestuous desire..."
     Maternus on the Moon applying to Mars..."If the waxing Moon is in aspect to Mars or is moving toward him, the native is impetuous and violent, often involved in dangers, but liable to be cheated in various ways: their life is devoted to the greatest dangers..."
     "If Mercury and Mars are found together on the degree of the ascendant...they are short-lived and unlucky...they will be condemned for some experience with women or from secret writings.   This may lead to a violent death."   Maternus on the latter conjunction.
     "Mercury on the Ascendant in a daytime chart, makes philosophers..."    Maternus didn't need Tyl's MHEP, he was correct, Rodger majored in Philosophy.
     "Venus on the Ascendant by day, makes the natives oversexed."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:19:33 PM by Halina »

Offline Antonio

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
I concur with Steven7 -- the astro-detective team-work was impressive. Even more if we consider that only part of the crimes were known when Halina started this thread. There's in fact more victims of this tragic event, as reported here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

Maybe just one of those intriguing coincidences, but I couldn't help to notice that asteroid Pallas was travelling the first degree of Virgo: http://www.cafeastrology.com/ephemerisasteroid2014.html

I can't discard mental illness and/or something in the Autism spectrum, as early reported, but strongly denied by the autist community. After watching the man's video/manifesto, it seems to me that Elliot displayed several signs of the Aspergers syndrome:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

This is not to say that people with 'AS' are more prone to violence. By the contrary, they are very often the victims of abuse and discrimination. And of course, there's a lot more to add to the overall picture, as proposed by our fine astro-detectives.

"The asteroid Pallas rules mental brilliance to mental issues. The goddess, Pallas, was born of Zeus' head, had no mother, so is seen as being pure intellect, does not have a connection to mother/emotion, and can run the gamut from genius to asperger's, to autism to mental illness." I'm quoting Pamela L. Powers, but I've read similar opinions from other astrologers.

Also interesting:

"Pallas rules wit and weapons, the art of war and the wisdom of nonviolence, the consensual anarchy of the market and the crushing centralized order of the gulag."
http://www.zot.net/pallas_notes.htm

"When we have to defend ourselves and come up with a strategy to deal with office politics, or school or neighborhood or community cliques, this is where Pallas comes in. When we are attacked by others because of our political or religious beliefs, or our lifestyle choices, or for no reason at all besides someone’s obscene desire to vilify and bully us, this is where Pallas comes in."
 http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1306
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:18:37 PM by Antonio »

robynne

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
I could only watch 2 mins of the video, that is so sad its unbelievable, not only that he could get to that state of disconnection from reality, but that so many families are now affected by his actions. This keeps on happening, and we have to keep in mind, that this is a generational problem, these kids have a predominence of Capricorn energy, and often only Chiron in Cancer or Leo. Where is the sense of family, of connection, of real people and contact? (Sorry, on my high horse here, NN in Cancer in operation, but until this is understood it will keep on happening).

Hugs, hugs are the answer,  but its not too late :-) Leaving the remedy below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Mercury is now at the Aries point in Cancer.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:00:11 PM by robynne »

Offline Halina

Elliot's AstroTwin
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »
     This boy was born on the same day and year as Elliot was.   His is also a violent story.   His mom was walking home at 3:00am when she was shot in the face.  She died at 10:57am that day but delivered the baby which was premature.   His chart is below, only his time of birth is different than Elliot's.  Elliot waited 22 plus years for a violent end while the baby's beginning was violent.   How do you account for this differece since one chart is almost a mirror of the other chart?  Baby was born at 3:48am, Elliott at 8:10am.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:11:12 PM by Halina »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 04:31:25 AM »
Hi Halina, as you know, in Jyotisha, the D12 Dwadashamsha is seen for all things about one's parents.  From 3:38:13 to 3:49:28 this child had a Libra lagna (Ascendant) in his Dwadashamsha chart.  In this chart's 1st House is Rahu (North Node), which means that Ketu (South Node) is in this chart's 7th House.  The 7th House in Jyotisha is referred to as a house of death, or maraka. 

One's mother in the D12 chart is signified by the Moon and by the ruler of the 4th.  The ruler of the 4th in his D12 is Saturn, and it is located in the 7th, debilitated, along with the Moon.  Additionally, the Moon for this child is also his MK planet, with MK also signifying one's mother...

Please see attached D12 chart...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2014, 04:43:45 AM »
...also something else just caught my eye...look at the 10th House in this D12 chart and notice the A4, A6, and A8.  The A4 is the pada for mother, the A6 is the pada for enemies and accidents, and the A8 is the pada for death...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Halina

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 06:13:48 AM »
Hi Sri Mimosa, please elaborate more...First what is a pada.....second, so what is the significance of one's different padas being in the 10th House....I'm lost here.
OK....I'm seeing that the D12 is showing that this baby's mom is going to die because of her enemy.   That leaves you to explain to me what "Pada" signifies.   This is an awesome find James, congratulations!   All these years that I was  doing Vedic, I always wondered what those "A" symbols were about.
      Google wasn't exactly detailed on Pada, here's what it said:...One-fourth part of anything is called a paad.In english,we sometimes write it as pada.   Each nakshtra measuring 13 deg.&20 mts. is sub divided into 4 equal parts measuring 3 deg.20 mts each of which are called paads/padas or sometimes charans.
I'm going to zip into my Vedic program and see if I can get more here.
      Jaganatha Hora program only does Padas up to 4.   Here's what I get for the D12 chart:
Sun-MK 26Vi25 Visa Nakshatra,  Pada 3, Rasi Gemini;  Moon-GK, 7Ar26, Nakshatra Aswi, Pada 3, Rasi Gemini;  in other words the program does not go higher than Pada4   So where the heck are you coming up with Padas 5 to 11 as indicated by A5 to A11?????
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:33:01 AM by Halina »