Author Topic: Solar Arc theory needs revision  (Read 2082 times)

Offline adol33

Solar Arc theory needs revision
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
Just an observation taken over the years, use it, lose it :)

Solar Arcs *DO NOT* only work on the hard aspects. They also work on the easy aspects, but only about half as powerfully.

Just wanted to mention this as another example I noted recently, Priscilla Chan, when she met Mark Zuckerberg in 2003, the only major aspects around were her SA Venus sextile Sun, followed by SA Saturn trine Venus the following year.

On a similar note, I've found over the decades that a planet aspecting itself by transit is only about half as powerful as a transit to another planet in your chart. Approximately equal to the strength of a semi-sextile/square or inconjunct.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Solar Arc theory needs revision
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
A former classmate in Noel's Master's class observed that when his father approached 72 years of age, he experienced a sudden burst of creativity.  Obviously, his solar arced planets were all quintile their natal places. --And there was a natal predisposition to creativity. --NT

Of course, when a particular client deviates from a given theory, it is time to ask questions to find out more to help serve the client better.

Don Borkowski
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:35:22 AM by Noel Tyl »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Solar Arc theory needs revision
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
Adol33:

Well, maybe you could write a book on it.  I'm sure that soft aspects must mean something, but as for me I normally expect the hard aspects to be the big markers in life.  When you say "about half as powerfully" it suggests that there is no difference in quality, only impact. 

Perhaps there is something to what you've observed, but is your example complete?  If you don't have P. Chan's birth time, you are leaving out her angles, so crucial in relationships.

Barbara Ybarra