Author Topic: Part of Fortune Calculation Update  (Read 1259 times)

Offline adol33

Part of Fortune Calculation Update
« on: December 27, 2015, 02:14:14 AM »
Hi all,

I once read an article by an astrologer that progressions should be calculated as a day for a year forwards in time for day births, and backwards in time for night births. My initial thought was, hey, how weird, that a person born a minute before sunset goes this way, and a minute after goes that way, so I checked it out, and found that both work.

Same with the POF. How weird that the calculations reverse the Sun and Moon positions under the same situations. So... checked it out for a long time. Here is my humble observation:

Both work, but it seems to be graded. The closer you are born to the division between day and night, the more they seem to work. I was born at 8.10pm and my day-calculated POF works, but not as strongly as the night-calculated one.

I could be wrong, check it out for yourself.

p.s. I have reason to believe that Dawkins may be opening up to the relevance of astrology. Progressed Uranus trine Node coming up could be the full revelation, let's hope public. If this is true, with Neptune now criss-crossing his natal Mercury, it could well be a "God calling". Imagine that - I always felt that astrology leads one to an awareness of a creative force running the universe.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Part of Fortune Calculation Update
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
Dear ado33,

You raised a few different points here.  Let me address them separately, but in a different order.

Who is Dawkins?

Noel has completely convinced me to abandon most progressions in favor of solar arc directions.

The day-night dichotomy refers not to am-pm, but rather to the Sun's presence above or below the horizon.  The Part of Spirit is the inverse of the Part of Fortune, and it shows how the individual responds to his/her world.  (See Signs and Parts in Plain English

Personally, I don't care about the day-night dichotomy for the Part of Fortune; I use the daytime formula in all cases for the POF.

Your advice to "check it out for yourself" can be applied to any topic, and is almost always the best way to learn anything.

Don Borkowski
Salem, Oregon

True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR