Author Topic: Why Gurus lie  (Read 2158 times)

Offline adol33

Why Gurus lie
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »
Lahiri Mahasaya was born September 30, 1828, near Krishnagar, Bengal.

He was the guru of the famous yogi Paramahansa Yoganda. According Yogananda on page 227 of his autobiography, Lahiri met the great guru Babaji in his 33rd year near Ranikhet, and was initiated by him into Kriya Yoga.

Babaji has supposedly retained his physical form for centuries, some say millennia. He is an avatara, a God-man said to be deathless, the descent of Divinity into flesh. Other Indian avatars include Krishna, Rama, Buddha and Patanjali. Babaji said to live in the Himilayas, can speak every language and works in obscurity. The deathless guru bears no marks of age on his body, he appears to be a youth of around age 25.

His chief nineteenth-century was said to be Lahiri Mahasaya. It is said that Lahiri bore an exact physical resemblance to Babaji.

Right. You're getting the grip of this.

Lahiri had Neptune square the Node in his birthchart. I would like to state categorically that this aspect means you lie to the public, and being Neptune, about spiritual matters. During his life, his progressed Node tightened to the exact square.

If you progress Lahiri's birthchart 33 years to November 2, 1828, you will note that pretty much nothing showed by way of his progressions for that time. And if you look for major outer planet transits during 1852 (his 33rd year), you will find nothing of major importance.

A meeting with a soul so powerful that would introduce him to a form of yoga that would be practised by millions would surely show in a person's progressions, or at least major transits.

So what I am proposing is that Lahiri Mahasaya was a liar, and that he did not meet Babaji, and therefore it is likely that Babaji never existed or was the aberration of somebody's or a group's feverish spiritual imagination.

Tthe more you read about Paramahansa Yoganda's life, how he said he brought back to life a dead person, stories of levitation and teleportation, a myriad of supernatural, scientifically impossible events that he said happened to him and others, you begin to realize that he too was a flaming liar.

The whole lot of them, a bunch of liars. They may well have had their faith rooted in the soil of truth, but it seems highly likely that they made up a whole lot of stories to try and make their case sound more convincing.

Beware of these so-called gurus. If what they hold so dear to their lives needs to be embellished to be more convincing, then all that tells me is that they don't have much to hold on to in the first place.

Offline James Williams

Re: Why Gurus lie
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:57:11 PM »
Lahiri Mahasaya was born September 30, 1828, near Krishnagar, Bengal.

If you progress Lahiri's birthchart 33 years to November 2, 1828, you will note that pretty much nothing showed by way of his progressions for that time. And if you look for major outer planet transits during 1852 (his 33rd year), you will find nothing of major importance.

Obviously, math was not your strong point. 

In 1861, the double transit effect of Jupiter and Saturn were conjunct in his 9th House from his Karakamsha lagna in Sagittarius.

The 9th House signifies one's guru.

But it's obvious you didn't major in that either...

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Halina

Re: Why Gurus lie/Lahiri Meets Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
     Below is a triwheel showing Lahiri meeting his Guru November 15, 1861.   Also notice solar arc Mercury, teaching aspecting the ends of the red line, Poseidon opposition Kronos and Kron.   Also trans Jupiter, teacher aspects trans Poseidon, religion, beliefs, EXACTLY.   And trans Jupiter, teacher, religion aspects trans Kronos, Guru.   Definitely showing a meeting beween Lahiri and his Guru, teacher concerning the topic of religion.   Orb 14 seconds.
    I might add that "meetings" are signified by Mercury, says Rex Bills.   In addition, trans Saturn, teacher, aspects Solar Arc
Node, signifying union, meeting.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:05:04 PM by Halina »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:58:51 PM »
Many "gurus" are charismatic and have less than ethical motives, but I think a "categoric" statement that Neptune sq Node natives are liars is rather broad. Different people use these/all aspects differently base on our individual levels of evolution.

Many of us with this aspect do not fit the bill ;) though in this example the astrology may fit the native. I just don't think this thread's title is accurate, IMO.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:24:13 AM »
Of course we must be wary of all gurus and their motives.  And even though Neptune in aspect with anything in our chart does not categorically mean liar, it certainly can suggest that the low manifestation of it will result in creating lies, myths, or other deceptions for personal gain. 

I don’t know about Vedic astrology, but Western astrology can never predict if someone will live their life in grace or in degradation.  The state of being human is founded in hope, is founded in our belief that we can emerge triumphant through the management of our soul, our decisions in life.  No astrological measurement will ensure that we will succeed, because every energy inherently holds the possibility of lower order development or failure.

Measurements, aside, agol33, it sounds like you feel personally tricked by someone or by a whole creed.  That can be painful, so it is not helpful for people to tell you that you’ve missed some obvious measurements.  As an intelligent person, you are in crises over something.  Look within for your answers.  You need not have confirmation from others, but you will.  Ask for confirmation perhaps from your own spirit guides at this time.

Offline pdw

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:51:27 AM »
Well said, Barbara - intelligent, kind, and understanding.

I wondered the same thing, if a personal experience had shaped his opinion of this aspect... but I doubt adol33 will share more. I've noticed he often starts threads and never responds; so self-expression, not discussion, seems to be his objective on the Forum.

Offline Antonio

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 02:08:09 AM »
Mushroom Guru

Some are edible, others are poisonous or psychoactive. The distiction requires meticulous attention to detail; there is no single trait by which all toxic ones can be identified, nor one by which all edible can be identified. Even the edible may produce allergic reactions in susceptible individuals. 

Welcome
http://www.mushroomguru.co.za/

Cohencentric Leonard

"In the wry ditty 'It Seemed The Better Way' his words reflect on his years at Mount Baldy studying under Zen master Roshi (Cohen’s former guru, who ended up being accused of various forms of misconduct with the female staff)."

http://artsfuse.org/151892/cd-review-leonard-cohen-embracing-the-darkness/

Words by Leonard Cohen, Music by Patrick Leonard

It seemed the better way
When first I heard him speak
But now it’s much too late
To turn the other cheek

It sounded like the truth
It seemed the better way
It sounded like the truth
But it’s not the truth today

I wonder what it was
I wonder what it meant