Author Topic: Lucky degrees  (Read 3395 times)

Offline adol33

Lucky degrees
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:51:19 AM »
More to winning lotteries than planetary geometry and progressions it seems.

Shane Missler, born in Maine on May 31, 1997 won $450 million on January 5, 2018.

Looking at his birth chart alone, one would hardly suspect that he would be the winner of the 4th largest jackpot in the 21-year history of the Mega Millions.

He pretty much has a two-degree trine between his Sun and Uranus (well, you could say he is famous now), Sun sextile Moon that's it. Natal Venus at 25 Gemini square the Node at 25 Virgo. His Sun-ruling Mercury was at 17 Taurus, he won the money when it had progressed to conjunct with Venus. A progression that a fair percentage of the world's population will get during their lives.

So where did all the power come from?

I haven't looked at his fixed stars but when you read Sepharials's 360-degree interpretations for his Sun and Saturn, you'll read between the lines that there are some spots in the sky that are just lucky degrees. You might also get the feeling that this is either something karmic or something that has been rigged by the universe. Either a reward, or to make provision for a mission to complete. A job to do.

SUN: 10 of Gemini: A tremendous sympathy for downtrodden humanity is implied by this degree. There is a strong desire to give relief and work for reform movements to correct injustice. However, unless other factors in the chart provide a measure of psychological insight he will be misled into thinking that congenial surroundings are the only requirement for a perfect society. This degree grants considerable insight into the technical elements of a Utopian society but it often fails to realize that there are other elements which contribute to the evils men inflict on each other. The mentality of this degree is not as sensitive to these complicating elements and the native therefore prefers not to deal with them even if he is aware that they exist. At least, if he is aware of these difficulties he may not be as disappointed if he manages to find a corner to try out his theories and finds that his plan is undercut by friction of a psychological nature. A great heart fired and inspired with the wish to help mankind, to whose service a great store of energy is placed with somewhat childish enthusiasm. Sympathy for the poor and the sick is apt to take concrete shape, and there is a sincere wish to succor and heal social misery. The reverse of the coin consists in the delusion of reaching such aims with merely material means. Should the horoscope not bear the imprint of a deeply religious spirit, the native, acting on purely human grounds, will stick to the faddish concept that vice and crime can be fought by spreading well-being and strengthening the police forces. In a word, a well-meaning, well-fed, well-bred, humdrum middle-class fellow, whose limited mental powers, will not prevent delving deep into medicine and political economics, to pursue his ambitious but charitable aims. Luck may smile on this good fellow and lavish him the means to carry out his beneficent plans.

SAT: 17 of Aries: This degree may bring a certain amount of luck in a not too heavy chart. Whether lucky or not, it brings a love of luxury and extravagance and what is gained is seen dissipated. There may be a lively imagination and if there are other indications which give writing ability this degree would add color and interest to what was written. Also, if there were influences to curb the extravagance this degree would certainly add spice to an otherwise heavy chart. In other types of charts this degree could produce over optimism, bitterness, and greed. The individual may have a certain amount of awareness from the rest of the chart to make him feel a sense of duty which may only result in conflict between a sense of rights and obligations. Saturn on this degree might produce a very responsible and yet interesting person. More gaudy than elegant, precious rather than refined, sooner worldly than lordly, very fond of luxury and display; the native may outwardly appear a gorgeous personage, imposing in spite of his inward misery. Inwardly he is torn by the ever-recurring clash between his craving for pleasure and his sense of duty, without being able to give up to either of them. This degree by itself gives no love for work; however, if this should be borne out by other aspects in his horoscope, the native would become what I define as a laborious adventurer who might strike oil during his industrious adventures, be they journeys or financial gambles; he may even become famous. Gain, however, comes to him easier than thrift. He can smell luck, but cannot spend with a pinch of salt what he laid hands on.

I'll go through the 360 degrees one day and post a list of the degrees Sepharial gave an indication of possibly being lucky. Or you can have a look yourself - luckydays.tv/360degrees.txt

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:17:03 AM by adol33 »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Lucky degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »
I haven’t studied the degrees of Sepharial so I cannot comment on them, but I never did like long and specific descriptions of one particular astrological point in the chart very much.  It just doesn’t make sense to me that they could apply to everyone.

Since we don’t know the birth time of Missler we don’t know everything.  For instance, if he has an 8th house Sun (ruling his MC) with Taurus on the cusp of the 8th, and opposing Pluto in the 2nd house ruling the 2nd, there would be some promise of riches in the birth chart.  I do believe that Venus square the Moon nodes does, as you say, say the same.  Interesting that the solar arc of that set is one year away from making hard contact to the natal Saturn, perhaps suggesting that a year from now a very good secure plan will be in place for retaining and developing his wealth. The only significant solar arc at this time is the Sun arriving at the Cancer Aries Point, which can suggest fulfillment of the birth promise.  He has stated already the importance of securing financial stability for his family. With Mercury in Taurus trine to a Virgo Mars it is hard for me to believe that this young man will be wanton with his money, though there are plenty of lottery winners who have lost as much money in the past through their ding-dong approach.  I wouldn’t bet on Sepharial degrees over everything else.

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:19:51 AM »
Hi ADOL 33 & Barb, a picture is worth a thousand words.    Start using the 90 degree tridial and look for the lucky conj combos of Jupiter-Uranus and Jupiter-Neptune.    See his tridial below showing how easy it is to see why he won the big lottery.
    Reference: Applied Cosmobiology by Reinhold Ebertin, pg 177, "Winning Combinations".
Above ALL.....birth times are NOT required for the 90 degree tridial.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:21:53 AM by Halina »

Offline bestgranny

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »
the site you mentioned luckydays.tv/360degrees only brings you to the noel tyl page. could you tell me if 20.deg 12m. of pisc. in 8th house is a lucky degree. my grandaughter is the worst driver in the world and has had so many accidents and fines, finally lost her licence this week. she is 20 years old and every time she falls on her feet, jupiter is un aspected as far as i can see. born 4th may 1989. asc 2dge leo. mc   6deg aries.  she has no sense of responsibility.

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 06:16:19 AM »
Hi Best Granny,   looking at your girl's natal chart she has midpoint Mercury/Uranus at 19Pisces34.   Mercury is car and Uranus is accidents, so any aspects to this midpoint is unlucky.    She also has midpoint Jupiter/Uranus at 22Pisces41.   Jupiter is travel and Uranus is accidents so any aspect to this midpoint is unlucky.    In Summary, and point near 20Pisces will be unlucky if aspected by malefics. 
      Let us now look at her latest accident where she lost her license this past week.    See biwheel below.   You didn't give city of birth but I'm supposing Manchester like your son in law.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:18:57 AM by Halina »

Offline bestgranny

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 06:38:47 AM »
Hi Helina, thank you so much for your chart, did i say 1989, im so sorry its 1998 she is 20 years old. born in stockport nr manchester at 10.43am. her asc is 2deg leo. and her mc is 6deg aries. her sun is conjunct mars in the 10th taurus. and her moon is 24deg leo. She does not seem to  care when she has accidents and luck seem s to  arrive to save her, every time. even now losing her licence she can apply to take her test again within a very short time. We are at our wits end on what to do.

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 07:20:02 AM »
bEST GRANNY,  I spent half an hour on your incorrect data.....please recheck all data next time.     Meanwhile here is the correct biwheel for your granddaughter's accident showing that 20 Pisces was UNLUCKY this time.    BTW, Jupiter at 20Pisces is in the 9th of travel, not in the 8th as you previously said.
     CARELLI says of Jupiter in 20Pisces...."Combativeness may drift into brutal aggressiveness, individualism into fierce selfishness, conservatism into
extreme reaction.    Hopes can be fulfilled as long as speedy execution does not lead her to rash or reckless gestures.   Darkness is harmful to the native."
     Her natal Neptune is conjunct the fixed star Alshain which gives "IMPULSIVE BEHAVIOR".   NEPTUNE correlates to alcohol but am unfamiliar if alcolhol was involved in any of her accidents.   Keep track of Mars-Uranus aspects in her chart in the future.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:58:40 AM by Halina »

Offline bestgranny

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
Hi Helina, im so sorry for hitting the wrong key 89 instead of 98. my grandaughter is exactly as you described her. A complete nightmare, we dont know if she is drinking and driving but if she was she wont be anymore as she has lost her licence which is what we have been praying for. The car is now parked up and unable to drive. I was hoping she had just had a couple of bad years but it sounds as if this behaviour may continue. many many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to me. xx

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
      On the other hand, Jupiter may have been lucky in the sense that she wasn't killed or seriously injured.

Offline bjorkstrand

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 07:37:27 PM »
there is no such thing as lucky degrees, like decans and progressions, it doesn't exist.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 06:09:48 AM »
Halina, an astrologer does not need to “use” the 90 degree dial to see what is in opposition and square in the chart.  A simple grid, which always accompanies a western horoscope will show that.  So when you say “start using the 90 degree dial” as if there is something there that will bring an “aha” moment which someone has missed, is just plain silly.  If someone does not think it spells “luck” by just being in those degrees, why would they think it spells luck by staring at that dial? 

Offline Halina

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 07:50:09 AM »
       The point is this....we are looking for lucky combinations when someone wins a lottery.    Typical lucky combinations are Jupiter/Neptune and Jupiter/Uranus.     So if a person won a lottery and he had trans Jupiter at 10Scorpio and trans Uranus at 10Aquarius, a 90 degree dial will show this as a CONJUNCTION making it easily to spot.
       If one uses Tropical astrology the transits are all over the place making Jupiter/Uranus and Jupiter/Neptune aspects much harder to spot.
To each his own.

Offline adol33

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 01:44:53 AM »
To add to the Sepharial degrees regarding Shane Missler's $450 million dollar win: Fixed stars. Yup, he got um.

Shane's natal Sun is at 10 and a half Gemini conjunct Aldebaran at 9 Gemini 47: Eminently fortunate, portending riches and honor; and was one of the four Royal Stars, or Guardians of the Sky, of Persia, 5000 years ago, when it marked the vernal equinox.

It gives honor, intelligence, eloquence, steadfastness, integrity, popularity, courage, ferocity, a tendency to sedition, a responsible position, public honors and gain of power and wealth through others, but its benefits seldom prove lasting.

Mars at about 22 Virgo 53 conjunct Agena at 23 Virgo 48: Agena is a benefic star of happiness, high position, honors, success and health.

Jupiter at 21 Aquarius 48 conjunct Nashira at 21 Aquarius 17 : Nashira imparts the nature of Jupiter and Saturn.

So, at least 3 fixed star contacts promising success. (Fixed stars as at 2000: https://astrologyking.com/fixed-stars/ )

There you have it. Birth chart reasonably fortunate by planetary positioning and aspect. Empowered by fixed stars.

Katherine Griffin, my non-believer friend from Improbable: Just think, if Pluto's gravity/electromagnetism effect is so little, how much smaller those are of fixed stars.

My answer: The planets and stars demonstrate a relationship with the positions of planets and angles in your birth chart. Not you. Your birth chart is simply a map of the positions of these bodies when you were born. It is an abstract entity. So don't bother looking for scientific reasons as to why they affect us.

Just take the word of millions that have studied it for many years longer than you have: it works.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
Good job, Adol33. “Birth chart reasonably fortunate”. I like that statement.

Offline pdw

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »
Just looking at his untimed birth chart (sans Sepharial and fixed stars), I think transits in the January 5 window reasonably reflect emphasized potential and individual timing, with these close contacts to natal planets:

T Mars-T Jupiter (Scorpio) opposing his natal Mercury (Taurus) – Great opportunity, intense excitement, tangible expansion.

T Venus-T Sun-T Pluto (Capricorn) squaring his natal Saturn (Aries) and, supporting the above, also trine his natal Mercury – Significant impact or change in his individual circumstances highlights plans for material security and financial stability. Actually there’s strong natal emphasis on this transit, already built-in, so to speak, with his natal Pluto-Sun opposition suggesting very important, perhaps life-changing timing when Pluto transits his natal planets-points, as it does here (N Saturn and N Mercury). 

T Mercury (Sagittarius) opposing his natal Venus (Gemini) and squaring his natal Mars-Node (Virgo) – A transiting mutable T-Square - calling for adjustment, adaptation - suggesting   new, surprising, or beneficial information (T Uranus sextile N Venus) that needs to be acted on,  practically and quickly.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:12:06 AM by pdw »